Thursday, May 04, 2006

Woldstow haue me shyfte thyne voweles?

I haven’t posted anything in a while because of the phenomenon that we like to call “exams.” This is a bit counterintuitive considering that I found that I tend to post more when I have more to do, but, God forbid, I think I may involuntarily being productive. That being said, I have some fun for you. What kind of fun?

I'm glad you asked.

Chaucerian pick-up lines.

These beauties are from the excellent site, Geoffrey Chaucer Hath A Blog. You may have already seen this once (I know BoingBoing posted on it awhile back), but I encourage regular readership to this fine example of why all blogs don’t necessarily suck.

My favorites (besides the vowel shift one, of course) are “Yf thou were a latyn tretise ich wolde putte thee in the vernacular,” and “The preeste telleth me that we aren more than VII degrees of consanguinitee. Game on!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home