Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Trendspotting is Too Trendy

Apparently, my genius name of Trendspotting had already been taken by a very funny segment on The Daily Show. Oops. My bad. I will henceforth call my amazing, in-depth (lame, superficial) look at the fads of the day: Trend Tracking. It’s alliterative, so it has to be good. Wait, hold on lemme Google it… Yeah, apparently someone has taken that already. This is frustrating. We need a new title.

Maybe I should stop trying to be catchy and do the indie rock thing: Choose a long and unwieldy title that no one would ever think to copy, ala And You Will Know Us By The Trail of the Dead, I Love You But I’ve Chosen Darkness, and every Sufjan Stevens song ever. Okay, I am ready to unveil the new title: Spotting and/or Tracking Trends Is Something That Is Interesting and Trendilicious.

Or I could just call it Trendilicious. I think I’m going to do that until someone comes along to tell me that it is already taken.

For a lovely piece of recursive and self-referential goodness, I present to you the Blogpulse tracking of “trendspotting.” If you look at the Blogpulse graphs here and click on the peaks, you will say they are all about the Daily Show. Wah-Waaaaaah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home